Get Adobe Flash player

Investment Presentation

Stock Trader Scroller

Powered by Stock Trader

Whos online

We have 59 guests online

Beautiful tributes have been paid to 34-year-old Celia Seymour

A family are in shock after the tragic death of a young woman who died four days after collapsing at her Feltham home.

Celia Seymour had just finished cleaning the bathroom when she suddenly started to have breathing difficulties.

After collapsing she then died in hospital, leaving friends and family heartbroken.

Following 34-year-old Celia's death, her mum has urged people not to mix bleach with any other cleaning product.

It is believed that doing this when cleaning the bathroom brought on a fatal asthma attack.

Celia, who used to be known as Leah Seymour, was the manager of Atlantico Hand Car Wash, in Betchworth, in Surrey.

The owner of the car wash said Miss Seymour, who had worked there for five years and with him for eight, was like family.

Peter Seferi has since changed its name to Celia’s Hand Car Wash in tribute and customers have been leaving flowers there in memory of her.

"When someone dies people say nothing but good things about them, but - on my children's lives - I could not say a bad thing about that girl," he said.

"She was wonderful. We have got a memorial book here for her and people who were strangers have come in and left flowers for her. We are speechless really.

For more news and features from across London directly to your inbox sign up to our newsletter here .

"If you called her at three in the morning saying you needed help, she would be there. She would go out of her way to help anyone.

"I don’t feel like coming to work any more; I just feel like I am looking [around], like 'where is she?' I just can't come to terms with it. When my first child was born it was me and her who went to collect my wife and son, she was like my right-hand person."

Miss Seymour had been through tough times in the past but was loving life and happier than ever before, he said.

'The smell was powerful'

Mr Seferi was with her when she collapsed at her home in Feltham on July 19.

"I called her and said I would be down at the house in about five minutes. She said, 'I am just running upstairs to bleach the bathroom so I will leave the door open for you'. I got there in less than five minutes, the smell was powerful, I could feel it in my chest. We went outside and we were talking like normal."

Within minutes however, Miss Seymour was struggling to breathe and asked Mr Seferi to call an ambulance. When she collapsed, he started CPR with the guidance of an emergency call handler.

Miss Seymour was later placed in an induced coma. She died four days later.

Her devastated mum, Julie Felon, said the fire service confirmed the two cleaning products – bleach and another which may have been toilet cleaner - had reacted, producing a gas and triggering a severe asthma attack.

"I have seen a great change in her since she met Peter and the team," she added. "She turned into a more responsible person and did come across [as] the most happy she had been in years. I really appreciate everything they did for her.

"Heaven has gained an angel. What else can I say?"

An inquest into Miss Seymour’s death was opened and adjourned on Tuesday, August 4.